Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Wipe Cache Partition After Update

(Topic created: 09-24-2022 01:34 PM)
43Blues
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
I found that after I installed Beta 3 when I wiped the cache partition, I haven't had any issues at all so far running Beta 3 on S22 Ultra T-Mobile. 

How to enter into Android Recovery Mode on Galaxy S22 Ultra
Turn off your phone. 
You will see the charging icon on your S22 screen. Wait till it shows charging with battery percentage. Next, press and hold the Volume up and Side key simultaneously. You can press the Volume up button just before the Side key. Samsung Logo followed by Samsung Galaxy appears on the screen. At this point, release the keys.
Phone will boot into Android Recovery mode.
Wipe Cache Partition in Galaxy S22 Ultra
In Android recovery mode, using Volume keys, choose “Wipe Cache Partition”. Then press Side Key.
Confirm by selecting “Yes” and then press Side Key.
You get “cache wipe complete” at the bottom of the screen.
Restart the phone to complete the process.
7 Replies
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
To be honest, I don't know why the update process doesn't do it automatically.
Lurien
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
This is accurate. I always do it before and after installing a new update. . Highly recommend it.
JPlaid
Star
Options
Suggestions
I don't usually do this following stable updates, but it's fundamental to Betas imo. Works wonders.
Options
Suggestions
Wiped partition cache after install of beta. No issues or bugs yet!
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Suggestions
Good suggestion! I do this when I get regular security updates or the phone just seems off from normal usage.

As an aside, one doesn't have to shutdown the phone to do this. It can be done choosing restart as well. After the phone goes black and before the boot logo comes on, just hold the same keys. 😊
43Blues
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Yes, if an update wiped cache partition automatically, that would save us having to do it manually. I've haven't had any noticeable issues so far unless I'm just not paying attention. It's been running smoothly to me so far after wiping cache partition. 🤷🏿‍:male_sign:
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes