Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

For Those Dealing With Instability

(Topic created: 10-18-2021 06:45 PM)
Options
Tips
Set your cellphone to safe mode.

1. Shut phone down
2. Hold volume up and power button at the same time for a few seconds until safe mode screen pops up 
3. "Wipe cache partition", then select "Repair Apps".

After that, open settings app, enable developer options. Once enabled, open it, then enable "Force 4x MSAA", "Disable HW overlays"; lastly, set "Background process limit" to (4) 
0 Likes
10 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Tips
We've seen the other Tip for the Cache Partition and Repair Apps šŸ™‚

a) Force 4x MSAA ...
Is mostly for gamers ... enabling this will require more power for graphics, which results in faster battery drain.
... Folks are already having issues with battery drain.

(though it's great for improving image quality in various games)

b) I'm confused ...
Without the Overlay, apps have to perform various checks ... and those checks result in a lot of processing power
... more battery drain

(using Overlay results in less processing power)

3) Personally, I'd rather not limit background processes to 4, seeing as 20 is default. Yea, I could see 10.. 12 .. 14.
Options
Tips
I've never been aware of this šŸ˜‚. You see, I used to enable those deleloper settings back when I used to rely on budget phones. The s21 and the s20 FE are my first flagship cellphones to own. Thanks for teaching me about this. Should I edit the post?
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Tips
I'd leave the post ... let users try the settings and see how it works for them ...
0 Likes
Options
Tips
Okay, thanks once more. This is also my first time ever as a beta tester.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Tips
Welcome aboard !! Glad to have you here and hope to see more contributions and feedback !! šŸ‘:beer_mug:
Options
Tips
Thank you!
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Tips
So, what's your experience with the beta with these settings at their default ...

And then set to the values mentioned in the original post?
Options
Tips
It makes my standard s21 feel smooth, although, although, are right about the battery drain, I also feel a minor sense of overheat as I use youtube and other apps. Besides that, everything else is great
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Tips
For anyone who's going to try the three Developer Option settings - they do not persist (as many D.O. settings, like Force Dark Mode) between phone restarts.

So, if your phone reboots, whether you manually restarted it, or the phone automagically (randomly) restarted on it's own ...

You'll need to go to Developer Options and enable those settings again.
0 Likes