Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Tips for the beta.

(Topic created: 09-15-2021 07:17 AM)
Ceddyxced
Asteroid
Options
Tips
I recommend doing a fresh reset before you do the beta. I find anytime there's a huge OS update it allows for a more consistent, bug free experience. I usually back up via cloud and it's made this transition to UI 4 smoother
9 Replies
Options
Tips
Hard no for me. My S21 ultra 512gb is my life , especially because Samsung eliminated the SD CARD slot. Last year when I beta tested Android 11, did a factory reset and ended up messing up my credentials for the apps that I have to use at work. I've been trying to get the contractors responsible for that to reset my credentials for 1 year now. I'll stick to cache clear and all the optimizers for now.
beri
Comet
Options
Tips
I'm not so sold on the full reset. I know it has its benefits but you can avoid all the setup and possibly deleting your data. I typically just boot into the recovery mode after every single update, security, OS, whatever, then clear cache and my device seems to run just fine after.
Ruki
Asteroid
Options
Tips
Full resets are for roms
never-reven
Comet
Options
Tips
Installed beta without full reset. Phone was fine. The animations are a little buggy so I reset. Now more things are broken unfortunately.
PizzaMane
Astronaut
Options
Tips
I didn't do a hard reset either and so far I haven't and serious problems...
0 Likes
bigbad614
Comet
Options
Tips
Doing a reset makes zero sense. Once beta is over and the final version is released..... Sammy gonna say "factory reset first!". Actually, no they won't. No mobile phone OS version should ever require a factory reset to do an incremental update. Samsung or any other phone manufacturer would lose too much business over that need. If you want to be a beta tester, you should be upgrading and moving along and continue with the regular updates. It will get better. It is part of beta testing. So for everyone that reads this.... Factory reset is a last resort and should only be done if your phone crashes and is unrecoverable.
DrFed
Comet
Options
Tips
I agree with you that our devices should NOT require a factory reset in order to work properly after a major Android version update. However, I have to admit that my phone is running much better after I did just that 24 hours ago.

The back-up options available now really do make it easier to restore the important elements of your phone after a reset. Virtually all forms of data, settings, etc., are restorable.
0 Likes
DrFed
Comet
Options
Tips
I must admit, bugs have vanished since my reset. Google needs to figure how to fix this issue.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Tips

Hello @Ceddyxced ,

Thank you for your Tip. While a master reset does help as it provides a clean slate we only recommend doing that if it is absolutely necessary. Most of time, clearing cache and using Safe mode would give a pretty good idea of if issue is being caused by 3rd party app or Samsung app. 

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes