JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Black / blue screen, with 2 red flashes every second.

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
GS812013
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have seen a few issues with Samsung TV's less than 5 years old having similar issues.  Can anyone help me?

My TV is 2.5 yrs old and wont switch on, when I try to turn it on I get a blue screen temporarily and then goes back to a black screen.  Under the Samsung logo in the bottom middle of the TV a red light flashes. Generally 2 flashes in a second, then a pause.

I have removed the power and left it a while before plugging in

I have held down the power button on the remote as well as the power button on the TV itself for a few seconds, this doesn’t change anything.

There are no other connections to the TV.

The TV details are Samsung  UE58AU7100KXXU 58” Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV

Any ideas?  A little disappointed that the TV seems to have only last this time period.  Worse is - i am not home half of the year so in reality its had minimal use.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your product was purchased outside the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

View solution in context

5 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Sounds like the power supply went bad and you would need to contact Samsung support and have a technician come and diagnosis the issue
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
GS812013
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi Gary, thank you for responding.  I spoke to them who put me in touch with a engineer who said it may be the screen and will change me £400 - seems crazy that the TV is only 2.5 years old and I have to pay for it to be fixed.   Surely Samsung TV should last longer than that? 

Sorry am hugely frustrated by all of this

0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Sorry to hear that I know anything is possible with electronics theses days I had to have a screen replaced on mine with in the first 8 months sometimes its cheaper to buy new instead of getting them repaired due to the cost of the panels 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
user3sQADKxX1D
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I am extremely disappointed in Samsung. I purchased a 32" QLED TV for my bedroom. My previous Samsung TV lasted several years, and I decided to upgrade. After literally a couple of months, I noticed the hdmi port was defective. I contacted Samsung customer service and because it is "just a 32" TV" a tech is not able to come to my house, which I understand. But they do not have a repair center where I live and I cannot mail the TV to be repaired. But if it was a bigger TV I would be able to mail it. It just does not make sense. I have to travel to have the TV repaired. This means I have to take a day off work to drop the TV and another day off to pick it up. I contacted their repair center via phone and via email and I never received a response. I have been a loyal Samsung customer (smart phones, smart watches, tablets, TVs, appliances) but this lack of customer service has really turned me off. I now have a new Samsung defective TV.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your product was purchased outside the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html