Original topic:

SOLAR REMOTE SUCKS!!!!

(Topic created: a month ago)
Unhappy User
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have owned the TV for a little over a year with no extended warranty and the solar remote quit charging. Customer services throws their hands up because its a year old and says "O'well looks like you will have to "buy more" Samsung products" to make up for the defective products they already sell.

They know this is an issue but refuse to help in any way. For starters who would design a remote with the charger for light being on the back which is usually face down, who does that!

POOR DESIGN, POOR PRODUCT!

I was warned not to buy Samsung but chose not to listen, lesson learned.

4 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Mine stopped solar charging but after cable charging it the solar charging seems to have resumed
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi there, I can certainly understand the frustration of having a remote control that won't charge. I'd like to get some more information to better assist. Could you please provide the full model number for your TV? Also, could you confirm if you have tried charging by USB or solar? Lastly, have you tried using a different charging cable? 

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
If they won't send you a new one, you can get a replacement remote for $14 on Amazon.1712591841176.jpg
0 Likes
computeruser88
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I hear you.  My solar one quit charging after the warranty so I bought a "regular" one based on Samsung's own information.  That has been a headache too.  It quits responding about every other day and I have to unplug the whole TV to get it to respond again.  I put batteries in at least 2x a week and even then with fresh batteries, it will be slow to respond.  The Samsung TV model I have has good picture quality but the remote leaves A LOT to be desired.   So much so, I will think seriously before buying another Samsung.  My Sony TV that's 3 years older works like a champ still.  

0 Likes