Original topic:

Samsung TV Plus Application Will Not Close After Recent Update!

(Topic created: 02-28-2024 10:03 AM)
SquiddySen
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Not sure if anyone else has noticed or run into this issue, but ever since the last firmware update on my Samsung TV, the "Samsung TV Plus" television app provided by default on the TV refuses to shut off.

Before, I was able to hit "Back" on my remote if it ever got opened and the TV would prompt me "If you would like to exit Samsung TV Plus". Now, after the update whenever I hit "Back" on my remote it just wants to jump back to the previous channel, not allowing me to close the application.

I searched through all the other menus within the STP application and there is no "Exit" option.

If anyone else has come across this or found a way to kill it, please share!

I normally always keep this app off since my TV lags so much just trying to turn on with all of Samsung's injected Ads and clunky menus. Because this app is always on now, my TV has to load content immediately at start up making it even slower and just an overall crappy experience šŸ˜ž 

7 Replies
kevchan
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

What is the model number and the firmware version of the TV?

0 Likes
SquiddySen
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Model Number: UN75AU8000FXZA

Firmware Version: 2210

0 Likes
userZ7bOp1j2X3
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi. I am having same issue 

• Serial Number: <HIDDEN>
  • Software Version: T-KTSUAKUC-1341.2

If  have to watch the surfing video one more time I am going to throw the tv out the window. 

I have turned the auto start feature on and off several times. 

0 Likes
Corbdt
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Is There no fix for this?

0 Likes
Corbdt
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I removed the Samsung TV Plus app, and it still launches every time I turn the tv on.  Iā€™ve turned on/off the auto run stuff several times.  No change. 

0 Likes
userenet5kXBvM
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This is infuriating. Canā€™t back out of the app, canā€™t delete it. Still have not been able to locate a fix

0 Likes
userFpNAMlFxOc
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I gave  the same issue. If you select the disable button in settings it will not turn off. Samsung please help and send a fix!

0 Likes