Original topic:

Burn in on Note 20 Ultra?

(Topic created: 12-20-2021 03:06 PM)
howie411
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12

Today I noticed what looks like burn in on my Note 20 Ultra.  The odd thing is it only shows up on certain screen brightness and colors.  For instance I tried the *#0*# and ran the red, blue, green test and you can't see it at all on those.  Also if I take a screenshot it doesn't show up so its not something actually in the photo.   Any ideas?

680593388_Resized_20211220_180248_1679951_resized.jpeg

10 Replies
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Android 12
Give us some back story. Did you keep it up at max brightness? Screen display timeout on max? Left it on the same screen indefinitely? Use it only in light mode? What are your usage habits?
0 Likes
user149533at39
Honored Contributor
Options
Android 12
Weird ... it like looks like a reflection

Why do I state that? Cause I can see the hand and phone of the person taking the photo and it's as if the bottom portion is being blocked
0 Likes
howie411
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12

Here are 2 more photo you can sort of see it (more faint)   I just noticed it today.  Phone is about 1 year and 4 months old.   Screen Time out is whatever the default it, and brightness has always been set to auto.   I never have the same screen up and I can't even think of anything I've watched/played or used that would be that type of rectangle.

Resized_20211220_214921_resized.jpegResized_20211220_214806_resized.jpeg

0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Android 12
My S9+ started doing something similar. It shows most on dark grey backgrounds. It's just from a lot of use of the screen, not burn-in. AMOLED panels do degrade like this when used a lot.

I used the phone all-day everyday in high school so I'm not surprised it only took 2 years to start having degradation.
0 Likes
TopOp
Asteroid
Options
Android 12
Weird. No burn-in on mine though I go with a black wallpaper/dark theme and have a 30 sec timeout. Isn't there something like a ghost reflection that's common to amoled screens? That's just a guess btw. Seems too new to have that type degradation unless the screen itself is defective.
0 Likes
Bizkibo
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I have this exact same issue. The pictures look identical to what I'm seeing. Basically a rectangular section in the middle of the screen with a circle around where the fingerprint sensor is. I had never noticed it until today. I don't really do anything over bearing with my phone as far as brightness or screen on-time in concerned and from looking at other forums this problem is happening to several people all over the world but nobody seems to have a fix yet.
0 Likes
Twitch724
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
I've got it since the Android 12 update. But I can only see it in a pitch black room with screen light very dim. I believe we're seeing some of the hardware inside the phone through the screen
0 Likes
howie411
Cosmic Ray
Options
Android 12
I took my phone to ubreakifix and they swapped out the screen. Cost me $300 but my Amex will reimbursement me due to the extended warranty. I'm still not happy though. Around be happening on a phone not even 2 years old
Twitch724
Astronaut
Options
Android 12
Absolutely! For 13 hundred plus $, I expected better