Original topic:

Critical Issues with the Galaxy Book4 Pro's Power Management Configuration

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Members_EFWnnfa
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Hello, all!

I have recently purchased a 16" Galaxy Book4 Pro in the US with model number NP960XGK-KG1US.

I have had to take this model of PC in for service twice now in my first two months of use. On two separate machines with the same model number I have had the following issue:

Whenever the PC enters sleep/hibernation while a system update is pending (Windows Update states that an update is required) the computer fails to boot on command.

The first time this occurred I assumed that my battery was simply dead or that there was an issue with the connection to the power socket. I verified that the plug, adapter, and cord were all in working order. I then charged the computer to full capacity. Afterwards I was unable to boot the computer by either pressing and releasing the power button or by pressing and holding it. Additionally, the screen did not light up and no Samsung/Windows logo appeared when the power button was pressed.

I left the computer unplugged overnight and it (seemingly without reason) booted without incident the next morning. Roughly two weeks later the same issue occurred again, and I swapped out my computer for a new one with the retailer I initially purchased it from.

Now, about a month later, the same issue occurred a third time. As far as I can figure, this has only occurred when my PC enters a sleep/hibernation state while an update is pending.

In summary, I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this issue. If anyone could offer an alternative explanation, I'd be happy to hear it. Thanks! 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Members_EFWnnfa
Asteroid
Options
Computers

It appears that disabling fastboot in the Windows 11 Control Panel resolves this issue. I'm still thoroughly disappointed that a feature which is enabled by default can brick this laptop.

If you are unfortunate enough to experience this, it looks like the only way to bring the computer back is to either wait an extrordinarily long time for the battery to die or to open the back of the laptop and physically disconnect the battery.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Members_EFWnnfa
Asteroid
Options
Computers

An update: This issue has occured for the fourth time. I have been unable to boot my computer for the past 14 hours despite it having a full charge. This is totally unacceptable considering I spent well over $1800 for a supposedly premium computer only to have it power on whenever it feels like it.

There is not a single sign of life on my computer. I get a solid green light when it's plugged in, but no response when the power button is pressed for either short or long intervals of time.

If there are any Samsung engineers reviewing this board, please suggest a solution. I have been thoroughly patient and I have contacted support multiple times. My issue persists and I am growing quite dissatisfied with my experience.

0 Likes
Solution
Members_EFWnnfa
Asteroid
Options
Computers

It appears that disabling fastboot in the Windows 11 Control Panel resolves this issue. I'm still thoroughly disappointed that a feature which is enabled by default can brick this laptop.

If you are unfortunate enough to experience this, it looks like the only way to bring the computer back is to either wait an extrordinarily long time for the battery to die or to open the back of the laptop and physically disconnect the battery.

0 Likes