Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Book 3 360 - Windows Hello face not working

(Topic created: 09-13-2023 10:49 AM)
SJ_Seattle
Constellation
Options
Computers

Fellow Users and Moderators,

Have any of you faced the same issue with Facial Recognition on your Samsung Galaxy Book 3 360 (Model# 730QFG) or the previous models? I have Galaxy Book Pro 360 (Model# 930 QDB) and both have the same issue with facial recognition.

As I have the same issue with both the laptops, i can't imagine it's an issue specific to the laptop but some firmware issue or the camera itself is not equipped with the required sensors to be compatible with Windows Hello.

If any of you had the same issue, please let me know if you were able to find a solution to fix this problem.

I haven't had any problems using this with my very old Microsoft Surface Book.

Screenshot 2023-09-13 104013.png

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
betancd
Comet
Options
Computers
These laptops do not support Hello via face as they utilize the fingerprint reader only.

Laptops that support facial recognition requires Intel Realsense or a 3D camera to work. These are similar to Apples FaceID where there is some sort of infrared scanner alongside the camera. I've attached a photo of what those cameras look like on a laptop. 20230913_134104(0)_1000003955_1694634096.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
betancd
Comet
Options
Computers
These laptops do not support Hello via face as they utilize the fingerprint reader only.

Laptops that support facial recognition requires Intel Realsense or a 3D camera to work. These are similar to Apples FaceID where there is some sort of infrared scanner alongside the camera. I've attached a photo of what those cameras look like on a laptop. 20230913_134104(0)_1000003955_1694634096.jpg
0 Likes
Hugolap
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I have the same problem with my new Galaxy book3 pro 360.This point is important for me because I intent to replace my desktop with a dock attached to the galaxy book and external monitors for a unique solution.

Windows has specified the requierement for the cameras to use Hello. I have two of such cameras which have the infrared component, one is the logitech Brio. I used this camera until now in my desktop and a Lenovo thinkbook without any problem with hello. The samsung support tells me that the problem lays in the lack of driver that microsoft should provide. Personally I think that it is responsability of samsung to make the arrangement with microsoft before putting it on the market...

Jimmy-W
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Same here. I just finished a session with MS, and the latest drivers do not change anything. 

0 Likes