Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Verizon customers left out of one ui 4.0 beta

(Topic created: 09-13-2021 07:49 PM)
Jasoneason132
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Why are verizon customers excluded from the beta? I have asked both samsung and Verizon and neither gave me a straight answer.
48 Replies
DaniNtheStars
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Yea I just found this out and honestly I'm pretty  off....

Jasoneason132
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Same
0 Likes
PJEVERLY
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Double Same
0 Likes
MaioDon
Halo
Options
Discussions
Yea Verizon and Samsung don't seem to have any info on betas. I believe it is because the beta is it's own division in itself. To answer the question it seems Verizon variants are not participating but there is a fix. If you are familiar with flashing offical firmware you can install the unlocked software over the Verizon software. Or android central will be posting links for Beta direct download firmwares which you can also flash. Use Odin.
0 Likes
MaioDon
Halo
Options
Discussions
I am in Verizon but if device is unlocked variant from Samsung or elsewhere it still will work. If Verizon variant try my above post
0 Likes
DaniNtheStars
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Does that mean I have to root my device or just install an apk type thing?
0 Likes
SanfordM
Constellation
Options
Discussions
You cab use odin to flash the beta software to your phone. Wouldn't recommend it tho, because itll be pretty difficult to roll back if u have issues
0 Likes
DaniNtheStars
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Well that sounds like not a good idea then
0 Likes
SanfordM
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I mean using beta software on your main device also isnt a good idea in general. If you're not in the beta, itll only be a few more months until the full update comes out. Not that big of a deal
0 Likes