Original topic:

Recent DEX compatibility issues

(Topic created: 02-05-2024 03:15 PM)
TimZFold
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
For about four weeks now I have been experiencing degrading functionality when using Dex. Note none of these issues existed before this time. 1. Links from Word, Email, PDFs will no longer automatically open in my chosen browser (Chrome). If I am not in DEX mode they open fine on the phone but in DEX, nothing. 2. I use the Amazon Workspaces app which used to give me full desktop functionality. Now, when I am in the app I can't close tabs or access the windows launch button. Again, if I run the WorkSpaces app on phone no issues, but in DEX it is now almost unusable. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?
0 Likes
9 Replies
geek1
Halo
Options
Galaxy Fold

If you are experiencing issues with Samsung DeX functionality, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to address the problems you've mentioned:

1. **Check DeX Settings:**
Ensure that your DeX settings are configured correctly. You can access DeX settings by going to Settings > Connections > Samsung DeX. Make sure that the necessary options are selected, and check for any updates related to DeX.

2. **Browser Configuration:**
For the issue related to links not opening in your chosen browser (Chrome), try the following steps:

- Open the Samsung Internet browser in DeX.
- Access the browser settings and set Chrome as the default browser.

Additionally, ensure that both the Samsung Internet and Chrome apps are updated to the latest versions from the Google Play Store.

3. **Amazon WorkSpaces App:**
If you are experiencing functionality issues with the Amazon WorkSpaces app in DeX, consider the following:

- Check for updates for the Amazon WorkSpaces app on the Google Play Store. Ensure that you have the latest version installed.
- Contact Amazon WorkSpaces support or check their documentation for any known issues or compatibility updates related to Samsung DeX.

4. **Clear App Cache:**
Clearing the cache for the problematic apps may help resolve some issues. Go to Settings > Apps > [App Name] > Storage > Clear Cache.

5. **Update Firmware and Apps:**
Make sure that your device's firmware and all relevant apps, including DeX-related apps, are updated to the latest versions. Outdated firmware or apps may lead to compatibility issues.

6. **Restart DeX:**
Sometimes, simply restarting the DeX session can help. Disconnect your device from the DeX station or cable, and then reconnect it. Alternatively, restart your device and see if the issues persist.

7. **Check for Known Issues:**
Visit the official Samsung support forums or community to check if other users are experiencing similar issues with the latest updates or if there are any reported bugs.

If the problems persist after trying these steps, you may want to contact Samsung support for more specific assistance. They may be able to provide guidance based on your device model, firmware version, and app configurations.

TimZFold
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thanks very much for taking the time to respond to this and offering practical tips. Very much appreciated.
0 Likes
frangoooch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
This is not a user issue! This is a samsung dex issue. the last update crippled Dex. I just got the samsung s24ultra and it's having the same issue my s22 ultra had with links.
TimZFold
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thanks for the contribution; and what you say resonates with me -- I did wonder if the issues related to a Dex update. Frustrating, isn't it. Regarding the links not working, did you see my note that switching off modes solved this; for my situation anyway.
0 Likes
TimZFold
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Here is some feedback to add the knowledge base. You got me looking at the configs and this is what I found.
1. I had modes running, which I use to limit inbound noise (pings, calls etc). I turned modes off and the links opening in Google immediately started to work. -- So if these issues are experience by others then consider your mode.
2. Regarding DEX, even though I am using a Samsung Monitor, as soon as I took it off full screen mode, all funtionality returned. So there is something in the screen resolutions that is causing the issues.

Thought you might find this useful feedback.
frangoooch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thanks Tim for the info. I dont have odes running and I dont use samsung moitor.
0 Likes
Kevykevnev
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

I am having the same issue on my Samsung S21 FE

Members_WKPPP8I
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

I have a Samsung 21 Fe for work and a Samsung 22 for personal. I'm having zero compatibility with dex since the last few updates. I do not use it regularly however when I did I was able to use it with a Lenovo usb-c docking station with no problem. Suddenly compatibility with both phones is gone. When I plug them in all it gets is USB charging and then I get a USB error. When I try to switch decks on manually which I didn't used to have to it would always automatically connect, it says it can't find a compatible display. I'm not going through all my settings trying to figure this all out because it should just work and it's Samsung's problem.

NoUsernameBb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

Same issue. Still looking for a solution. 

0 Likes