Original topic:

Samsungs New Fold 5

(Topic created: 10-20-2023 11:29 AM)
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

d62491a1-2b21-11ee-bb6f-bf57baa30d3a.cf.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 is the latest foldable phone from Samsung, and it's set to be released on August 11, 2023. The phone is rumored to have a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset, 12GB of RAM, and up to 512GB of storage. It will also have a 6.7-inch AMOLED display on the outside and a 7.6-inch AMOLED display on the inside. The camera lineup is expected to remain the same as last year's model, with a 50MP main camera, 12MP ultrawide camera, and 10MP telephoto camera.

One of the biggest changes to the Galaxy Z Fold 5 is the upgraded hinge. The new hinge is said to be stronger and more durable, and it will also allow the phone to close completely flat. This will make the foldable feel thinner and more pocket-friendly.

Overall, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 looks like a promising device. It has a powerful processor, a large and versatile display, and a durable hinge. If you're looking for a high-end foldable phone, the Galaxy Z Fold 5 is a great option.

Here are some of the pros and cons of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5:

Pros:

Powerful processor
Large and versatile display
Durable hinge
Improved camera
More pocket-friendly

Here are some additional details about the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5:

The phone will be available in three colors: Phantom black, Cream, and Ice Blue and 2 Exclusive online colors Gray and Blue
It will support 5G connectivity.
The battery will be 4,400mAh.
The phone will run on Android 13.

And a list of the full Specs 

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
SoC Snapdragon 8 Gen 2
Display 7.6" 2176 x 1812 120Hz OLED primary, 6.2" 2316 x 904 120Hz OLED cover display
RAM 12GB
Storage 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB
Battery 4,400mAh
Ports USB Type-C 3.2, OTG
Operating System Android 13 (One UI 5.1.1)
Front camera 4MP f/1.8 under-display camera (80˚ FoV, 2.0Ξm pixels), 10MP f/2.2 cover display camera (85˚ FoV, 1.22Ξm pixels)
Rear cameras 50 MP f/1.8 wide-angle (85˚ FoV, OIS, 1.0Ξm pixels), 12MP f/2.2 ultra-wide (123˚ FoV, 1.12Ξm pixels), 10MP f/2.4 telephoto (36˚ FoV, OIS, 1.0Ξm pixels)
Connectivity 5G (inc mmWave), LTE, up to Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC
Dimensions 67.1 x 155 x 13 mm folded, 130 x 155, 6.1 mm unfolded
Colors Ice Blue, Phantom Black, Cream + Samsung.com exclusive Gray, Blue
Weight 253g (8.92Oz)
Charging25W Super Fast Charging wired, 15W wireless (Qi)
IP RatingIPX8

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

90 Replies
cheflidobug
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I ABSOLUTELY HATE it. Nothing about this phone is pleasant to use but its size
0 Likes
msh21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'm wondering what the best way is to give Samsung feedback regarding the Fold 6. The fold 5 being a copy of the 4 was so disappointing. There are some really great foldable phones now, one of the best one being the Honor magic v2. Samsung legit needs to look at that phone as it's benchmark. The screen inner and outer screen size is perfect and the phone is super thin. 
0 Likes
irish1181
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
LOVE THIS NEW PHONE 
This thing is great just trying to figure out all that it has is crazy
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy Fold
Look on YouTube for Z Fold5 and you will find many instructive videos available there.
0 Likes
LadyL704
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
I currently have the Z Fold 4. Is it worth me upgrading to the 5 or should I wait for the 6?
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Fold
https://youtu.be/QP1D4SPRfzU?si=NDErOyoaNROrayp5 watch this video and decide, kinda long but worth the watch if you want to know
LadyL704
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thank you so much for replying and sending me this @ChaosSaber. I will definitely check this out right now!
betancd
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Personally I think it is worth it for the 8 gen 2 processor which is far more efficient running cooler with better battery.
Ladyink
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
There is NO such thing as the 8 at this time
0 Likes
betancd
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Was referring to the processor. Snapdragon 8 Gen 2