Original topic:

Z Fold 3 inner screen problem & front/outer screen problem

(Topic created: 02-11-2024 02:57 AM)
Alec12312
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

23 FEB 2024 Update: Front display was still working fine (without front camera) until it got notified of new software update last night. Didn't install the update obviously since there were issues immediately after the updates in the past repeatedly. And today the touchscreen function of front display is not responsive. 

It is very difficult to not believe that the every software update patch benefits when the problems surfaced with coincidence and timing. Wont be trusting Samsung folding display technology for the time being.

11 FEB 2024:

TLDR: This is a recurring issue. The fold phone is a joke that doesn't last more than 1 year without expensive and unreasonable repairs. Don't recommend buying it.

First time was in Jan 2023, right after warranty has lapsed then the inner screen stopped working. Authorised samsung centre personnel said it was the connecting parts went faulty xue to overheating and costed RM800 repair with only short term warranty (less than a month if not mistaken).

Now's the second time, RIGHT AFTER the latest update 6.0, inner screen immediately stopped working. The phone's performance also glitches more often.

I was forced to update because the front camera of the cutter display prompted error message " camera failed".

4 Replies
piyush verma
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

I am facing the same issue

I think

samsung people do it intentionally so that people pay for repair  or buy  new phone

I have never seen any phone getting spoilt after one year

and without any physical damage

Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

Not saying you guys didn't have a bad experience, but for me, the Fold 3 lasted almost a year and a half with no issues before I traded it in. Foldable phones, obviously moving parts, more points of potential failure. A protection plan might be a good idea, but personally, I've never had one.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

0 Likes
VenaticJJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
I agree and disagree with some of your points. I've had the fold 1,2,4, and 5. I trade mine in when the new ones come out. The fold 4 was by far the best one I have had. First few had horrible battery, and glitchy but I expected that from a new model. Since getting the 5 I've had an unresponsive screen, glitchy operating system, phone running hot, battery life depleting fast, and problems with phone getting stuck and can't hang up or answer phone bc I screen stuck. I always keep the Samsung care and they always replace or fix it quickly so can't speak about repair parts. Seems like the updates always aim to fix a problem but make another. I wish they would leave the rest alone. Good luck to y'all.
0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@VenaticJJ 

Honesty, it's kind of weird. For me, the Fold 4 was hands down the worst one so far. I'm not going to go into details for the sake of time, but I can tell you, I could not be happier to finally trade it in for the Fold 5. With that said, the Fold 5 feels near perfect to me. I have not had any issues you described. It's all a hit or miss, I guess.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"