Original topic:

Mic issue in one ui 5.1 update

(Topic created: 04-10-2024 09:38 PM)
NcreGK8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

with my note20 ultra

Whenever using VOIP apps ( whatsapp, telegram, Google Meet) the other party can't hear me (calls or voice notes)

Normal calls via mobile network (sim) works fine

But all other apps have the issue

I tried checking the microphones using *#0*#.

Only the second upper microphone (for the camera) works,

but the first (bottom) and third do not emit any sound. I can confirm to you that the problem is 100% technical in the system.

I tried a lot to search for ways to solve the problem and tried everything possible, but after searching I noticed in the online community that it is a general problem in other devices and it is fixed with updates. When will an update be issued that solves this problem or a way to solve it until the update comes out?

6 Replies
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
If you haven't yet, I would suggest wiping the cache partition as well as clearing the cache/data of the affected apps followed by force stopping the apps and a device rebootsince this seems tied into the OS update and could be thd result of a software bug. I would also look at making sure the apps are on the latest version or try uninstalling/reinstalling those apps.
0 Likes
NcreGK8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This solution does not work. Please check if it works for you  

0 Likes
BlueSkies
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Does it also not work when you have a Bluetooth or headset plugged into the device?
0 Likes
NcreGK8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Work fine in bluetooth and headset

0 Likes
BlueSkies
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hmmm, it makes me think that it's a device issue rather than a software issue
0 Likes
NcreGK8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

No, it's a common problem. I've seen a lot of people online having the same problem with searching  

0 Likes