Original topic:

Voicemail Help on s10+

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
WalkItOff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have straight talk and they recently switched to using Verizon. My other s10+ was AT&T, and was supposed to be unlocked. When followed their tech support, I am now the proud owner of a brick.

So I got this new S10+, sealed, unlocked and has taken a day to transfer everything. Now I have voicemail issues, no notification icon in spite of every indication its on.

According to Samsung care it should be showing me notifications for new voicemails which it's not. I have tested it and troubleshot everything I can think of, but I am still not seeing e "cassette" icon. Is there a specific app? I couldn't spot the difference when I compared devices. Open to suggestions. Please and thank you in advance.
2 Replies
BlueSkies
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Have you called your carrier and asked them to provision your phone? Voicemail is usually a carrier issue and a simple provision or be SIM card will fix the issue.
0 Likes
WalkItOff
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes. They told me contact the manufacturer as it is a software issue.

It's a long story, but I can tell you the voicemail is active, I can enter my pin to access it, but I do not get notifications if someone left a message or not. Which is a problem as I don't have my phone on me all the time. There seems to be a software app missing from everything I can find online, I just can't find the "it" that is missing.
0 Likes