Original topic:

Volume off

(Topic created: 03-17-2024 03:56 AM)
GmaTT59
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
The little bell with a slash through it is beside all of my texts and I am notgetting the notifications. My app settings show everything is on. Have turned off then back on to reset, have removed default then put back to reset...... nothing works. The number of messages still shows, just no notification sound. 

Please help. 
3 Replies
LordVako
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
Picture please
0 Likes
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I understand your frustrations with your notifications not working on your text messages and I will be happy to assist you with this.

By default, you are alerted when you receive a message from a contact. But you can mute any conversation. 

From the Messages app, select a conversation, and tap More options (the three vertical dots). Depending on your carrier, the mute option layout may differ; you might have to tap Mute Conversation or the Bell icon. To unmute, tap Unmute Conversation or the Bell icon again.

Please Note: The Bell icon will appear blue when the conversation is unmuted and clear when the conversation is muted. You can still view messages when a conversation is muted; you just won't get notifications when texts arrive.

Here is a link to some additional information: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078947/

0 Likes
LuxrayAeterna
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Notifications for Google Messages appear to be broken given the number of users experiencing this problem despite have all the correct settings. My husband and I are both experiencing it. We'll receive sound and vibration notifications for a few hours and they will inexplicably stop. Clearing app cache helps, but only for a short while. It is not a carrier or user issue in our case. It is a software issue.
0 Likes