Original topic:

Can't use animated stickers for contact pictures anymore?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
daresouls
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi!

A while back, I downloaded a bunch of fun animated stickers from the Samsung App Store that I could use as profile pictures for my contacts (example below.) While the contacts that already had these animations set have maintained them, I can no longer choose them out of a list to set as profile pictures. This option no longer appears on the contacts that do already have them set as profile pictures as well. What's going on? Are they just not available anymore, or is there somewhere else to find them? 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 
0 Likes
6 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
On my S23+ I would do it this way.

On your contact screen, tap the big circle at the top of the screen.

In the row of portrait faces across the middle of the screen, tap the one on the far right side with the plus sign + on it.

You should now be able to choose an available sticker set and pick one of the stickers.1712696928551.jpg1712696928571.jpg1712697264889.jpg
daresouls
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Unfortunately, that's what I did already. I have access to a number of different jpg. stickers through that menu, as well as one animated set that I just downloaded today, but all of my old animated sticker sets (such as the one including the cat I posted above) no longer appear in this menu.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Do the old sticker sets still show up in the Galaxy Store? I wonder if they might need to be updated by their creators to be compatible with the current version of the operating system.

I know that this sometimes happens with themes, wallpapers, etc from the Samsung Theme Store.
daresouls
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
That seems really obvious now that you mention it šŸ˜… I just checked and so far, I have not found any of the ones that I had downloaded listed in the app store still. I only came across maybe two or three animated sticker sets at all, whereas I definitely had over a dozen installed before.
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
If you select Gallery you will be able to choose a gif you have downloaded scroll to the album they are saved in 1712697839317.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
daresouls
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
They were never visible or selectable from my gallery, even back when they worked.
0 Likes