Original topic:

Experiencing multiple issues after last software update

(Topic created: 11-29-2021 07:35 PM)
Jojo2368
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I completed the last software update last weekend. After 50 I finally relented and scheduled for 4am. Here are all of the issues or annoying things that didn't need an n update: 1. When typing a longer text required in my job, I will hit enter or backspace and the entire text will delete. I'm stopping every 2 sentences to select all and copy. 2. Apps crash while writing replies or comments in. FACEBOOK 3. In contacts, before I could scroll up for an alphabet list to show up on right hand side and now it's just dots to guess where the letter is for the name 4. When I'm in a text but decide to call, instead of the phone icon being in top right corner, now have to press down arrow to get to phone icon 5. All of the bold print in Google searches is annoying 6. VWhen voice texting, it doubles my words or phrases so Ihave to proofread each text, which defeats the point of hands free texting or calling while driving . My family had tried for years to convince me to switch to an IPhone and I'm serially considering it.  

5 Replies
TimothyE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes, I am having same issue plus when you go to edit a picture i used to be able to do a typing text block but now you can't and I used all the time and my phone index now has shrunk so small cant read quick letters on right, it looks like a column off dots. I see the need for updates but not mess with everyone's things they use alot now its just gone. I left Samsung years ago and loved my LGs phones especially V50 amd thenfinger print button on back but with them getting out of the cell market I thought I would try the new Samsung s21 ultra and has alot of stuff but sure miss my LG and button on back, I am always hitting these buttons on side when don't want to and hate charger port on bottom where trying to stand phone up but if charging it is pretty aggravating. Motorola has finger print on back and it works good but rest of phone sucks. Like everyone tries to copy Apples stuff but why? I would just get a apple if liked what they have but I don't like Apple want something different
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
If I remember correctly from using OneUI4, it's available under the smiley face button.

I downgraded due to the battery drain and lag
0 Likes
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Hmmm. interesting. I don't see these issues
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

if you are having issues, please submit error report to samsung members app as soon as possible. But first you need to either reproduce the issue or wait for it to happen again.

Additionally, only submit 1 issue per ticket. 

0 Likes
123CK321
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
OP- Yes, #3 and #4 was an idiotic change in the new UI. Along with #4, when pulling up a Contact, there also used to be a phone icon at the top of the contact and now you have to go one more step to get to that phone icon...stupid. Fix this Samsung, these changes make no logical sense.
0 Likes