Original topic:

Is it possible to get photos back from the trash after clearing the gallery app data?

(Topic created: 09-17-2021 05:19 PM)
S-yl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

i cleared the data for samsung gallery app because i was having an issue and i thought doing so would fix it (unfortunately it didn't) and i had some pictures and videos in the trash (wasn't sure if i should permanently delete those files) but i forgot they were there before clearing the app data. now when i go to gallery the trash it's empty. i had some important files and it seems like they are deleted (i know it's my mistake for keeping them in the trash) someone please tell me there's a way to recover those pictures and videos and that they are not gone 😭😭😭 when i go to my files app and analyze storage it shows the gallery trash and that there's 3gb but when i press it it's empty...

10 Replies
Denny2action
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Do u have a Gmail account? U may want to check the Samsung Cloud out ( don't really know anything about that) it may have saved some info there
0 Likes
S-yl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
No I don't back up my data to the cloud. I'm taking about files in the trash. The files outside of it are still there. I'm really desperate
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
The only way to get them back is if samsung cloud or any backup service saved it.. maybe try a restore for photos only but if u did not sync them, its gone forever. For future purposes look into secure folder or an encrypted SD card and backup
0 Likes
S-yl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't use any backup service... I'm starting to think those 3GBs are just cached files now and that if I restart my phone it will show 0 bytes... 😞 Do you know of any recovery software?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Sorry no
0 Likes
S-yl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Should I restart my phone or not yet because maybe the files are still on my phone and restarting it would just completely delete them off?
0 Likes
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
Never...ever...put files in the trash bin that you are not certain that you won't need. When "clean ups" happen, the trash is the first thing to go. That's "digital 101"
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Sorry to inform you that they're permanently deleted. You essentially cleared the trash bin out.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
0 Likes
S-yl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for the response.

Are you sure they are permanently deleted though? Because I just restarted my phone twice and wiped the cache as well and it still shows that there's 3GB
0 Likes