Original topic:

One UI - Adaptive Brightness is badly calibrated!! Let users calibrate their own settings.

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
usersIjaOlAfV9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I love my samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra - however,  I am literally 'constantly' fidling with the screen brightness. It is almost always too low. And then after I increase the brightness, it just goes back to where it was after a couple minutes. This is just terrible. Even if I got a newer model with technically a brighter max brightness , I still wouldn't be able to have a hassle free screen. 

I don't want  to turn 'adaptive brightness' off  for obvious reasons. What I do want is to be able to calibrate adaptive brightness myself.  Note that in most cases I am not trying to save battery. My batter life is just fine. I just want to have a brighter screen in all situations - indoors and outdoors - without having to manally set brightness all the time. What I want is:

- for each ambient condition (sensor input), I want to be able to calibrate the screen brightness as I see fit.

- And if I manually adjust the brightness, I want to be able to set the amount of time that needs to pass before it goes back to automatic setting. (hint: more than 1-2 minutes)

I used to have LG phones - and I never had any issues with screen brightness - it just worked. Why can't we have that on Samsung Phones too? I can't wait for a fix for this. It is the one recurrent problem I have with this phone, and the newer models don't have a fix for this either since its the same OneUI/Android.  

Thanks for considering (PS: I have the latest android installed on Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G)

2 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you tried setting up a routine or a mode using the Modes and Routines app? That may help a little bit with your brightness issue since you're able to set the specifications for the length of time and how bright you'd like your screen.
For example, when I'm outside I have a Routine that keeps my brightness at the max then when I'm home it's set to mid brightness. So you could have yours be max brightness all the time.
usersIjaOlAfV9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

No, I haven't tried the 'modes and routines' app. thanks for the suggestion! I'll have a look. But I do want 'adaptive' brightness and I don't want to have to manually switch anything on or off. I just want the 'adaptive' brightness to be a bit brighter that what it normally is.