Original topic:

S21 Ultra: Service Delays; Purchased in South Korea

(Topic created: 01-24-2024 03:45 PM)
AsianaOZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello,

I bought my current phone which is Galaxy S21 Ultra when I was back in Korea. The phone suddenly blacked out in last December and since then it is not reacting to any actions including pushing buttons or charging. I tried both cable and wireless, but the screen showed nothing. 

I tried to walk-in to the local repair shops. First, I went to private repair shop, and they told me that it seems like the motherboard is dead and they can't fix it as they can't get the part. So, I went to UbreakIfix and I didn't get detailed diagnosis but the engineer there said they can try changing the charging port and the battery. They said all parts were unable to order and asked me to comeback in January. I revisited last week, and they said they are still unable to order any parts for S21 Ultra. I called them today and now they told me to wait until Feb 6th.

Now I am not sure if I should believe in their words or not. I noticed that I could try mailing in, but don't know if that works for my Korean phone. 

Should I try mailing in my phone, or should I just wait until May when I would go back to Korea? I don't want to get another call saying we don't have parts for your phone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello, There! Because the device was purchased outside the US, more than likely any parts needed have to be specially ordered to replace. Thus, the wait time will be a little longer than normal. I would encourage you since you already have started this process to continue to work with UbreakiFix for a resolution. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Now is a good time to get a S24 or locally find some S21, S22 or S23 locally.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello, There! Because the device was purchased outside the US, more than likely any parts needed have to be specially ordered to replace. Thus, the wait time will be a little longer than normal. I would encourage you since you already have started this process to continue to work with UbreakiFix for a resolution. 

0 Likes