Original topic:

Samsung Calendar

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
CaribeBaby
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
It's with a heavy heart that I will have to stop using Samsung Calendar in favor of Google Calendar. SC is not reliably synching with GC. I'm entering events in GC on the web and, to test it, in the app, and it doesn't show up on my SC app. Strangely, some events do synch while others don't. I can't have that uncertainty. Since I can't use SC on the web, I'll have to default to GC. (Believe me, I've dona all the troubleshooting.) 😢
5 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

something strange, indeed. I make a calendar entry on the web from my PC (Outlook) and it shows up on my SC. however, if I make an entry from SC for Outlook, it shows up on the web, but within minutes, it's removed from SC. I've seen it happen in real time. oddly, even after the entry disappears from SC, it remains on Outlook on the web, or even in the Outlook app. my fix is to continue to use the native Calendar and simply use the calendar on the phone (syncs with Samsung Cloud). I don't need access to my calendar from my PC. 

CaribeBaby
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
That's also very strange!
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

the calendar in the Outlook app is atrocious. Google's calendar is only slightly better. Samsung Calendar is superior in almost every way. (when it works lol)

BlueSkies
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Oh no! That's quite unfortunate. I loved Samsung calendar and then switched to Google calendar too
Babs-NJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Just on phone/text with Samsung customer service.  Their calendar can not  sych over to other platforms - like google or outlook.  He said they are 'working' on it.  What good is a calendar that only interfaces with one brand of device?