JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unwanted "Last week" emails showing

(Topic created: 11-20-2023 12:20 PM)
userKz4AWNudGj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

With my imap email account, I am constantly clearing out all emails in my INBOX. I either delete them or save them to other folders. I normally do that when using other email programs on my PC.

Lately, my Samsung S21 has been starting to show a "Last Week" section of emails under my INBOX emails and shows some emails there from last week. I don't want this and can't find any documentation about it  and, specifically, documentation about how to get rid of it.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userKz4AWNudGj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

OK. Rebooting my phone resulting in those "phantom emails" from Nov 17th disappearing and thusly I am no longer seeing a "last Week" section. Thanks for your input Dan.

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
You may want to consider using the specific email app that your email account is with, such as Gmail or Outlook, as these apps will more closely resemble their online counterpart.
0 Likes
userKz4AWNudGj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks Dan. It's our company linux based email server managed by our own IT people and I only have this issue with my Samsung email client.

I also have bluemail installed on my phone and don't have this issue with it.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I see. Have you tried sorting the emails by another choice other than by date?
0 Likes
userKz4AWNudGj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Dan. I tried sorting it in different ways but the issue really seems to be that there are a number of emails all with dates of Nov 17 that are the ones being listed under the "Last Week" heading that are no longer in my INBOX. So, for some reason, my Samsung email client still thinks they're in my INBOX when they aren't when looking at my INBOX from Thunderbird or Alpine (on any of my PC's) or on BlueMail on my Samsung phone.

As I normally deal with my emails by moving them elsewhere or deleting them quite regularly, I may just not have noticed that Samsung email will group them by "yesterday", "last week", etc. Not that I would really want it to do that but I would likely just accept it. Yet, why are emails that aren't in my INBOX appearing like they are?

I will try to reboot my  phone to see if that fixes it.

0 Likes
Solution
userKz4AWNudGj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

OK. Rebooting my phone resulting in those "phantom emails" from Nov 17th disappearing and thusly I am no longer seeing a "last Week" section. Thanks for your input Dan.

0 Likes
userKz4AWNudGj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I just thought I'd add that I have been using Samsung email for a very long time - at least 12 years - on various generations of Samsung phones and have never seen this before and it just cropped up recently.

0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Glad you got it resolved.
0 Likes
Sweetpea58
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have Hotmail account and it doesn't seem like it's supported. Any suggestions?
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
0 Likes