Original topic:

Arrange devices on smart things

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
justmeagain179
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

How can I put my sound bar for my TV in the same category as my TV. I want to set up some routines for my main room( Samsung TV and Vizio sound bar ). I'm new to smart things and setting up any routines but wanna give it a try to save the hassle. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thank you guys/gals. 
6 Replies
MelissaD
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
You won't be able to. Samsung being a very proprietary company only allows adding Samsung devices to different rooms. If you notice, it list your Vizio Soundbar as a "personal device". But you won't be able to move the sound bar to the room with the TV. I can't move my non-Samsung soundbar to my bedroom where my TV is either. But it will list it as a personal device. As far as you setting up routines I am not sure if this fact will prevent you from doing that since routines are really specific with the "if this, then that" theory they operate on. I have the latest version of Smart Things and I have tried to no avail to be able to do what it is you are wanting to. Wish for us both I could say differently.
justmeagain179
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I've had it in my home group in the past though
0 Likes
BlueSkies
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Open the smartthings app. Then, can you try to long press the tile and select the edit button? Once you do this you can choose which room you want to move the personal device to
BlueSkies
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
When you open the smartthings app, you should have an option like this after you long press the device under devices 1713347894423_1713347894416_0.jpg
0 Likes
MelissaD
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
BlueSkies, I tried that. It only let me edit the name of the device.
0 Likes
MelissaD
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Oh, and thank you for that.
0 Likes