Original topic:

Assistant stopped making calls from my contacts list

(Topic created: 02-14-2024 09:49 AM)
BillSmithers
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
All of a sudden when I say call so and so, the assistant will not make the phone call
26 Replies
James-A51
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
Which assistant app are you using Google or Bixby? Bixby may have a small delay beep between each commands or ask before it confirms

Google will do this on the fly however even if it's not a number in your contacts list and it's a business number that's registered on Google maps
0 Likes
BillSmithers
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
It's Google Assistant there's a problem with it because it all of a sudden it just won't call anymore on my s22. I was mentioning this to my girlfriend who has an S21 and her Google Assistant stopped voice calling a couple of days ago. There's clearly a problem
0 Likes
James-A51
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
Hmmm I have an A51 I'll report back to see if there was any API changes soon I don't have calling enabled for my sim card however it still may provide some clue

Update: it appears to be working fine for me this maybe a small programming bug

Try opening settings > apps > Google > Storage

It may say manage storage but tsp clear cache...if the issue persists tsp clear data note that this will reset the Google search app and automatically log itself back in but it may clear the bugged condition
0 Likes
BillSmithers
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
That's nice of you I appreciate it. If I ask the assistant to call a number I've asked it to call a zillion times before it just goes to a map or search or whatever that name sounds like to the assistant but won't make a call. Odd that is happening on the S21 in Florida at the same time
0 Likes
James-A51
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
Strange...but I did update my response to possibly fix the issue hope this helps
0 Likes
BillSmithers
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I cleared the entire phone cash, I cleared Google cache and Google data which I hated to do. No change Google Assistant will answer any of my questions but will not make a phone call
0 Likes
James-A51
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S22
That's even weirder does it ask who you would like to call when asked?
0 Likes
BillSmithers
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
It does not ask me anything I will say call Rita which I've said a thousand times before and it just goes to search items that say Rita
0 Likes
BillSmithers
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
It will just take me to cookies by Rita Rita Auto Repair things like that. That's on anything I ask it from my contact list
0 Likes