JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I remove specific notifications for the calendar app?

(Topic created: 03-13-2024 09:08 AM)
Members_ITUSRSo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey all,

I'm using the basic calendar app on the S22, and I have both my work and personal calendars syncing there. My work calendar is through synching from Outlook, and I'd like to stop receiving notifications for events.

I can't find a way to remove the notifications for just that specific calendar. I also seem to be unable to remove the notifications for each event in the app, whether recurring or not. I've removed them for a recurring event, said apply to all in this series, they disappear for a little bit and then always come back. I went into Outlook to remove notifications, and I also can't do that. 

I want my work calendar accessible to me on my phone without needing to go back and forth between two calendars, but the notifications are driving me crazy. Anyone have a fix? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

You can go into the calendar settings (in the calendar) by clicking on the 3 lines upper left and choosing the settings gear on upper right of the panel. Then choose default alert times and choose no alert, but this will be universal for all calendars/events. You may have to go in and edit each event to turn off the notification for each event you don't want to be notified about. I don't know if you can choose just one calendar not to get alerts from.  If you use Google Calendar, you can choose which calendar you want to get alerts from.  Switching to Google Calendar is seamless,  as it will sync all the calendars you have synced with the Samsung Calendar. The notification settings procedure is virtually identical, (except the settings gear is down at the bottom of the panel). From there, you would click on the synced calendar you want to manage, and in the default notifications section, click on the value that's there and then it will bring up a list, click the radio button for no notifications.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22

You can go into the calendar settings (in the calendar) by clicking on the 3 lines upper left and choosing the settings gear on upper right of the panel. Then choose default alert times and choose no alert, but this will be universal for all calendars/events. You may have to go in and edit each event to turn off the notification for each event you don't want to be notified about. I don't know if you can choose just one calendar not to get alerts from.  If you use Google Calendar, you can choose which calendar you want to get alerts from.  Switching to Google Calendar is seamless,  as it will sync all the calendars you have synced with the Samsung Calendar. The notification settings procedure is virtually identical, (except the settings gear is down at the bottom of the panel). From there, you would click on the synced calendar you want to manage, and in the default notifications section, click on the value that's there and then it will bring up a list, click the radio button for no notifications.

0 Likes