Original topic:

RCS features for messages app

(Topic created: 04-28-2022 07:02 PM)
dmystic1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

So Att S22 Ultra now uses a custom google messages app as default, but RCS is not working with all people who use Google messages. Example my brother is also on Att and he has an Att version of the Fold 3. The default messaging app on that one is Samsungs app but he is using the Google messaging app from the playstore. Messages sent and received from him are SMS not RCS.  I have another brother that has a t-mobile s10 and my messages with him are RCS and I think he is even using the default Samsung app. I know I'm not the only one but no one is talking about this. 

0 Likes
123 Replies
RobertsYalon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Hi, I'm sorry this happened. No you can't use Advanced Messaging on the Samsung Messages app on unlocked devices. I have Verizon as well and was never able to use Advanced Messaging because my phone was unlocked.
GrantP1271
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Ah, bummer. Well, thanks for the reply!
RobertsYalon
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yep. It depends on the cellular network. Someone told me that they have RCS on an unlocked phone with T-Mobile. So I guess it depends on the person's cell network. I guess Verizon is one of them that doesn't let unlocked phones use RCS. Which sucks.
0 Likes
TeteVirgo
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I just unlocked my phone and went to Verizon and they surely don't have advanced messaging on unlocked devices
0 Likes