JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 ultra Motherboard Short

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
ay1317
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Two weeks ago, my s22 ultras battery died overnight. I placed it on my Samsung Wireless Trio charger and walked away. I came back it it would not turn on. I took it to unbreakifix, following the Samsungs online chat and had to pay $80 for them tell to me that the motherboard was shorted somewhere and they could not do anything about it. They said there was not physical or moisture damage on/in the phone. Now I have spent hours try to talk to Samsungs customer service line and they will not do anything to help me. I just get told: the phone is out of warranty and they can’t do anything. Maybe if I send it in to get repaired they may be able to fix it for $299-499. Why should I have to pay at least 33% more to have my $1200 phone repaired. I cannot afford that. I bought a Galaxy Watch4 Classic, Buds2, and 2 SmartTags that I can no long use to their full capacity because my $1200 Galaxy phone stopped working.

Questions:

Has anyone else had this issue with there s22 ultra?

Is there anyway that Samsung will help me either (1) refund the phone (or at least the current promotional $800 trade in value of the phone?) or (2) return the now nearly useless accessory devices that I have spend hundreds of dollars on?

I have posted this before and it was marked as spam. This is a legitimate question and concern that I have. If anyone has had there s22 ultra completely malfunction, who did Samsung address the issue? Did you pay the expensive repair bill? Did they help to financially replace the phone? Is there anyway to return the now nearly useless devices?

I have spent hours on the phone with customer service and just get the run around.  I have tried “Emailing the Office of the CEO” with receiving no help.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Since the device is out of warranty you would need to cover the repair fees and if you've had the accessories for more than 30 days they would also be outside of the return period.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Since the device is out of warranty you would need to cover the repair fees and if you've had the accessories for more than 30 days they would also be outside of the return period.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

ay1317
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

This is a completely useless reply.