Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S22 - Water damaged, motherboard corrupted, Need to restore data

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
JP_84
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello,

I have been using Samsung S22 from June, 2022. Unfortunately my phone got water damaged and power went down. I tried to dry the phone and took to service center. At service center, got suggestion that there might be display and charging port replacement required. But after diagnosis, they confirmed that device is not repairable due to motherboard got impacted with water. 

Got new phone samsung S24+, am able to retrieve apps and messages, phone contacts from samsung cloud account. But I am not able to retrieve ephotos, docs, whatsapp backup from old phone.

Phone is not turning ON after replacing display and charging port. 

Is there any possibility to retrieve my phone data from motherboard. 

Looking for help/advise to get my data back. Thanks in advance. 

Regards,

JP

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
The only way would be to send it off to a data recovery service that would pull the memory chips and save your data, but that is expensive

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
The only way would be to send it off to a data recovery service that would pull the memory chips and save your data, but that is expensive

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Sadly no way to do it without repairing the board. Depending on how bad the board it it requires a full replacement.
bigsexymass
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Stick it in rice
0 Likes
bigsexymass
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes ma'am
0 Likes