JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Ultra motion photo not working after One UI 6.0 update

(Topic created: 11-30-2023 06:08 PM)
LAWsyMJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

My wife's phone. Never had any issue with the motion photo feature before the update a couple days ago. I tried resetting all camera settings and options as well as clearing the camera data and cache. She said it works sporadically but most of the time not at all. Frustrating issue for her because we have a baby and she uses the feature to get the "right" picture. Hopefully someone has some insight or ideas. Thanks. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

**Update**

Please make sure to update to the latest software version for your device. This should completely clear up the symptoms with the Motion photo.

Hello HurricaneOleg, thank you for posting. Welcome to the Samsung Community. Please, submit an error report directly to Samsung.

Right after the issue appears, please submit an Error Report. Samsung Members app->Get Help->Feedback->Error Reports

View solution in context

64 Replies
Hattie1321
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Having the same issue, any insight on how to fix this?

SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, welcome to the Community, and thanks for reaching out. Can you both elaborate on what is exactly happening when using Motion Photo to where it isn't working? Any error(s) you are both receiving?

0 Likes
LAWsyMJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

There are no error messages of any kind. Motion photo is turned on but the motion photo is only captured sporadically when you look at photos you've taken. So, if you take 10 pictures, only a handful of them will have the motion photo captured. I have tried all kinds of things to figure out if there's a pattern to when the motion photo isn't captured and I can't figure it out at all but it's different every time so one time if you take 10 pictures 3 of them will have motion photo another time you take 10 pictures 7 of them will have motion photo. It's very inconsistent but the fact that it doesn't work consistently is a huge problem.

disonymity
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
similar to what my S22U is doing sometimes. Flipping off then back on the Motion seems usually to work, but not betore feiling to capture a lot..
Ceegee16
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm having the same issue despite the device having latest/regular updates.

Hugely frustrating as its a function I use a lot. Debating changing my phone (not samsung)

0 Likes
ELKO61
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm having the same issue with my motion photo on my S23 Ultra since the One UI 6.0 update. It tells me motion photo is on, but it never is. There are no error messages and it says my update was successfully installed. I've restarted my phone and cleared the camera app's cash as suggested by others to no avail. Please advise of a solution.

Thanks 😊 

Pia1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same issue here. Using Samsung S23 Ultra.  No error, motion is showing as on, but it doesn't take a motion photo only normal. Please help, I use this feature all the time and it's frustrating it no longer works!

Pia1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Any update on how to fix this! Please 🙏 

Ceegee16
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Judging by the messages in this community, this issue has effected many for several months now, why the **bleep** has samsung done nothing to rectify it??!! 

I'm getting so frustrated - im thinking of changing handsets (not another Samsung).

0 Likes