Original topic:

Text archiving using Samsung text app on S22

(Topic created: 02-27-2024 04:50 PM)
Members_Lp7Tod9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

is there a way to archive text messages using the Samsung text app on galaxy s22?

I really like the Samsung text app because it saves any deleted text messages or conversations for 30 days. This is really helpful if I accidently delete a conversation or individual text message.

I have also used the google text app. this app does archive, but it does not save text messages past the normal back up time. my phone automatically backs up with google each night. If i don't recognize that I have deleted something accidentally for several days then its gone for ever.

I have called Samsung and they say their text message app on S22 can not  archive.

Does anyone have a suggestion or know of a text app that both saves deleted messages and can archive?

Thanks

3 Replies
Cperius
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
How do you find your deleted text messages? I accidentally deleted a conversation a couple days ago and I cannot get them back, I don't know where to get them back from.
SuperflyBrit
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I use this ... It's a backup but it doesn't replace the previous backup. It works great for me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore
0 Likes
Cperius
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks, I think this is the one I downloaded but wasn't sure if I was doing it right. I did the backup but I didn't get my messages back that I lost last Friday. I only deleted them from one contact and for the life of me can't get them back.
0 Likes