JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

cannot remote unlock in smartthings

(Topic created: 12-13-2023 09:53 AM)
xv112
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

It looks like Samsung has removed Remote Unlock on SmartThings Find as per this post? My phone restarted and I had set a new pin before that. It doesn't take that pin anymore and I have been locked out of it the past 5 days. This has happened to me before and I was able to unlock from SmartThings find. But I can't see that option anymore since Samsung has removed it. Is there any way to request this feature be brought back?

Reference: https://community.smartthings.com/t/no-unlock-option-for-galaxy-device-october-23/271910/22

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello, welcome to the Samsung Community! I understand your frustrations on the Remote Unlock feature being removed. 

For security reasons, some features of SmartThings Find Service have been terminated. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. 

If locked out of your device, you can be supported via a factory data reset from a Samsung Authorized Service Center once ownership has been verified. It is important to note that all user data on the device will be deleted once the factory data reset is performed. Please be sure to back up all the user data on the device frequently.

Please Note: The service center cannot unlock a device without deleting the user data as a result of performing a factory data reset in order to unlock the device.

You can use various ways to back up and restore data such as photos and videos. 

Some options are Smart Switch, Samsung Cloud, MS One drive, Google Drive, etc.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Twobuck40
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Welcome to brick city friend
Skeggz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Happened to me, too last thursday

been locked out of it since

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello, welcome to the Samsung Community! I understand your frustrations on the Remote Unlock feature being removed. 

For security reasons, some features of SmartThings Find Service have been terminated. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. 

If locked out of your device, you can be supported via a factory data reset from a Samsung Authorized Service Center once ownership has been verified. It is important to note that all user data on the device will be deleted once the factory data reset is performed. Please be sure to back up all the user data on the device frequently.

Please Note: The service center cannot unlock a device without deleting the user data as a result of performing a factory data reset in order to unlock the device.

You can use various ways to back up and restore data such as photos and videos. 

Some options are Smart Switch, Samsung Cloud, MS One drive, Google Drive, etc.