JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Customizing Chat Rooms

(Topic created: 07-21-2023 01:23 PM)
userAiESQqSbKW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I had an S9+ for many years and the chat room could be completely customized. Then two years ago, I got an S21 Ultra and customization was not available. Then it was made available through an update, however, if you deleted a conversation and attempted to text a contact that was previously customized, you had to recustomize again. Then that got fixed with another update and everything was hunky dory. Well, I traded up for an S23 Ultra last week and again, no more chat customization. I just don't understand why Samsung deletes options that people like with each new phone they put out. It's like you think you're taking a step up but because of things like this, you're really not. It's like getting a promotion and a cut in pay at the same time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We also enjoy the ability to have a custom background in text messages. 

The Samsung Messages app can be customized by changing the color, using an image from the Gallery or other wallpaper, as well using a theme. Take a look at this article for the steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078947/

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Dingoboy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Welcome to Samsung. That's like my Note 4 edge I loved. Had Knox. I could run in private and when the kids used my phone they only saw the stock os. They took that away too. The more Samsung changes the less I like them. Now they are a Tik Tok advocate. Don't get me started on the back doors that app has.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We also enjoy the ability to have a custom background in text messages. 

The Samsung Messages app can be customized by changing the color, using an image from the Gallery or other wallpaper, as well using a theme. Take a look at this article for the steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078947/

0 Likes