Original topic:

Depth effect and Widgets

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Snø
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I really hope that they add the iOS depth effect to the lockscreen in one UI 7. It makes the phone look really good and adds a new level of customization to the phone. There should also be expanded support to add other apps to widgets on the lockscreen such as Spotify, other music apps, cash app, and any other app that wishes to use this functionality. We shouldn't be limited to only use Samsung apps for widgets, and we should be able to have these features without using the good lock approach to having any type of widget on the lockscreen, which is clanky and doesnt work all the time.
4 Replies
jimmyweda
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I don't think we're locked into Samsung app widgets only.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
If you get Good Lock and its LockStar plug-in from the Galaxy Store, you can add third-party widgets to the lock screen and the AOD.

The screenshots show my AOD and lock screen with widgets from the WeaWow weather app.

On the lock screen, the space labeled "widget area" is where Samsung's own widgets appear.

(Both screenshots are showing LockStar settings. I couldn't get screenshots of my actual lock screen and AOD.)1713258699593.jpg1713258916055.jpg
0 Likes
Snø
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I know you can get it with lockstar and there's third party widgets, what I'm saying is like they should add more apps into their own widget area instead of having to go through lockstar to add them
Options
Galaxy S23
Good Lock features that turn out to be popular are sometimes added to OneUI. I hope that's the case with these widget features.