JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Front Camera For snapchat

(Topic created: 02-10-2023 10:20 PM)
Potito
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
So I just got my S23 Ultra, and everything is great SO FAR, but the quality on the front facing camera for snapchat is SO BAD compared to my s22 ultra.. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me? I haven't tried Instagram yet.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DecentLlama
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Snapshot camera quality (especially front camera) has always had poor quality for me. No matter what phone I've had. Samsung or other Android devices. It's a common thing among Android phones, SPECIFICALLY THE S22!!! No clue why but everyone has complained about it with the S22 so it's crazy that yours was fine but bad on the S23! But totally possible the same issue is present with the S23 as well.

The Snapchat app and a few others are lacking in many areas comoared to the iOS versions. But even the iOS Snap quality isn't as high as the phones itself because the pics and videos aren't actually taken using your phones camera software. It uses your lens and their software which adds several compression techniques to your image/video. Some people have said that the Snapchat software basically takes a screenshot of what your camera sees. Unfortunately there's not much that can be done but there's a few things you can try that may improve your quality.

♡ The most obvious, make sure your camera lens is clean and scratch free.
♡ Restart the Snapchat app.
♡ Check for Snapchat updates.
♡ Clear cache and data for the app.
♡ Check your network connection.
♡ Restart your phone.
♡ Un-install and re-install Snapchat.

♡ And what I always do unless I'm using their filters, take the pic with my phone camera and just upload it to Snapchat.

View solution in context

16 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
Nope my camera quality is great and no issues on my end
0 Likes
ElectroRaider
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Are you sure it's not the app settings that are making the camera perform with such low quality?
0 Likes
Enter1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
If Instagram is a forum you rely on for multiple users with related issues,logging onto Instagram may be a good source for various related view points!
0 Likes
Solution
DecentLlama
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Snapshot camera quality (especially front camera) has always had poor quality for me. No matter what phone I've had. Samsung or other Android devices. It's a common thing among Android phones, SPECIFICALLY THE S22!!! No clue why but everyone has complained about it with the S22 so it's crazy that yours was fine but bad on the S23! But totally possible the same issue is present with the S23 as well.

The Snapchat app and a few others are lacking in many areas comoared to the iOS versions. But even the iOS Snap quality isn't as high as the phones itself because the pics and videos aren't actually taken using your phones camera software. It uses your lens and their software which adds several compression techniques to your image/video. Some people have said that the Snapchat software basically takes a screenshot of what your camera sees. Unfortunately there's not much that can be done but there's a few things you can try that may improve your quality.

♡ The most obvious, make sure your camera lens is clean and scratch free.
♡ Restart the Snapchat app.
♡ Check for Snapchat updates.
♡ Clear cache and data for the app.
♡ Check your network connection.
♡ Restart your phone.
♡ Un-install and re-install Snapchat.

♡ And what I always do unless I'm using their filters, take the pic with my phone camera and just upload it to Snapchat.
Kwahli-Naazim
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Snapchat somehow turns your phones camera sooo bad.
Potito
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I'll have to Post Comparisons. The difference is night and day. I've tried retstarting my phone, deleting the app, checked for updates on my phone AND the app. I'm not sure why. Feels like I got a bootleg 😆 but like, I doubt T-Mobile be sending out bootleg phones.
MarkusW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the same issue and none of the fixes are working🫠 it takes a much nicer photo in the general snap camera rather than when responding to someone though. Update: Both camera versions have now improved in better lighting, not sure what the root cause is yet.
MrMisFits
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Same for me, the s23 ultra front camera on snap is probably the worst I've seen, worse than phones that came out 5 years ago, let's hope they fix that ASAP
jermyjeremy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Take a picture, try to post it, zoom in. It is pixelated and has artifacts. When zooming in with gallery there is no issue.

Zoom of file on Instagram

Zoom in gallery

Original image in gallery at fit to screen

0 Likes