Original topic:

Circle to search?

(Topic created: 03-28-2024 11:45 AM)
JoeBoxer
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Can't even use my circle to search this is what I recive? 
4 Replies
Options
Galaxy S24
Literally just do what it says, this has happened to me many times even on my S24 Ultra. Uninstall the Google app in the Play Store and reinstall it then it will work
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S24
Also, try seeing if there is a security update waiting for the month of April. That should fix it if reinstalling the google app doesn't.
0 Likes
Chershkop
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I solved my issue and hopefully I can assist in someone else with their's. 

The message I got was: " can't open Circle to search. Try updating or reinstalling the Google"

Took me....about 3 hrs to decifer and figure out what it actually meant. 

Here's what I learned:

"The google" is simply the Google app. The search one. No others.

I tried uninstalling. Doesn't work. Force stopping doesn't work. Clearing the cache doesn't work. Setting the digital assistant to Google doesn't work. Changing it and setting it back to Google doesn't work. 

Your Google app is up to date right? Cause you checked like I did? Wrong. It doesn't appear but it still needs to be updated. Do not uninstall it. 

Following steps is how I fixed it: 

-Settings
-apps
-find the Google search app and open it 
- scroll to the bottom and you should see " app details in store", click it and open it
-uninstall HERE and once uninstalled if should give you the option to update. 
-now you may update and it'll install itself again.
-when you back out, you should get the prompt on how to use your circle to search as if you've used it for the first time. 
-resume normal activity. 

If someone else finds a better way to do it, please share, otherwise is all I got and hopefully they get it fixed cause this was **********.
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Make sure you have the latest Google play services. That ultimately fixed it for me. 1711841647046.jpg
0 Likes