Original topic:

Idle Watch Calendar Reminders

(Topic created: 03-20-2024 02:06 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch
Is there anyway to turn this calendar reminder off? 

Here's the scenario:

I have the watch 5 Pro and 6 Classic. Only one watch at a time, the one that I am wearing, may be connected to my S23U phone. That's to be expected and the hand off between the watches works as it should. 

For the watch that I am not wearing, and is sitting idle, and not connected to my phone, it will show the calendar reminder for an event that has likely passed by the time I go to pick up the watch. 

The issue is that the calendar reminder on the idle Watch is on indefinitely until dismissed. Not only is this not necessary, it is a battery drain for the unconnected and idle watch. 

The reminder pictured here would never show on the watch if it were connected to my phone and while I am wearing it. 
Seems to be some calendar reminder when not wearing the watch and it is disconnected from my phone. 

How to turn this off? 

15 Replies
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

Not a full answer, but I believe that particular message is because your watch is locked. I know I'll get that on my Active4 when I take it off the charger to put it on, and before I've unlocked it. Once unlocked, it will show me the event.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, both of my watches are locked and require a pass code if not on my wrist. Now to find a way to turn this notification off. šŸ¤”
0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

I wonder if you can create a routine that says to turn off notifications when your watch is locked?

CWinkler
Options
Galaxy Watch
That would be great but routines don't apply to the watches, just the phone. At least I have not found that option yet...
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

You're right. Hmmm. Might just be that you have to turn notifications off when you're switching from one watch to the other. Kind of a pain ...

CWinkler
Options
Galaxy Watch
I would love for routines and modes to work with the watches. For example, setting sleep mode on the watch/phone the watch turns off WiFi, GPS and turns on power saving would be a great routine for when sleeping and activate with one touch.

I have not found a manual way to turn off the watch lock screen calendar notification.
There does not appear to be a setting that impacts this.
Bummer because I know that the notification is draining battery life.
The only way might be to remove the lock security option on the watch but that's not a great option.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
You can sync the modes between watch and phone in the wear app. When synced, when you activate the mode/routine on either Device the will be activated on both. You create the mode on your phone in addition to the pre programmed modes.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Modes doesn't allow for changing watch Settings like toggling GPS, WiFi, etc on the watch. Just the phone settings. Re-read my comment above.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Routines have differnt options, haven't tried what you are looking to do, but ut costs nothing but time to attempt it.
0 Likes