Original topic:

Old calendar notifications keep returning on Galaxy Watch 6

(Topic created: 12-21-2023 02:14 AM)
user6tNVDdIZ32
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello Galaxy Watch brainstrust!

I've just gotten myself a Galaxy Watch 6 and I'm getting used to it after having my S3 for quite some time now.

One thing that is doing my head in is the fact that I keep getting the same two old Google calendar notifications on my watch (note: they don't appear on my phone).

I've tried to pull them up to dismiss them, bin them to dismiss them, delete the events themselves from my calendar, turn notifications for Google calendar off and then on again, but they keep coming back!

Any thoughts for how to remove them once and for all?

12 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. I can certainly understand the frustration of repeat notifications from old events on your Galaxy watch 6, and I would be happy to look into this further for you. Just to claify you don't have them set up as a reminder on your phone correct?

Have you verified the event isn't listed as repeating on the watch?

Is there a specific pattern you are noticing to these notifications?

0 Likes
Hollybunnyfufu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same issue with one particular event from December 16, 2023 (today is January 23, 2024). It is not setup to repeat. 

Thrifty Scott
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I recently upgraded from a Watch 3 to a Watch 5. I never had this issue on my old watch, but I've got a calendar notification from January 2nd that keeps appearing. The reminder does not show on my phone, and I've gone as far to deleting the entry from my calendar and the invite keeps showing up. Can anyone suggest how I can clear this reminder?

Iriemango
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Try going to settings on your phone where your watch is set up under apps clear the cache and if you have to the data that should do the trick.
0 Likes
Thrifty Scott
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "settings on your phone where your watch is set up". Do you mean the Galaxy 5 Watch Manager in the applications tab under settings on my phone? Or is it something else?

0 Likes
Hollybunnyfufu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am also confused by their response. But I went into the phone's settings, found the watch app/configurations and cleared the cache from there. 

Will find out tomorrow if that helped anything.

0 Likes
Hollybunnyfufu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This didn't help. The notification persists today!

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for that information and following up. Just to clarify, do you have your Google Calendar synced with the Samsung Calendar?

Have you tried uninstalling the Google Calendar from your watch to see if you continue to experience these symptoms?

0 Likes
Thrifty Scott
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Sorry, I never got notified of this reply.

The event was set up as an individual occurrence on my phone. I have since deleted it from my phone but am still getting the reminder on my watch. I do not see a way to go back in history to see if the event shows up on my watch's calendar.

I have not noticed any pattern to when the reminders show, but honestly haven't looked for that.

0 Likes