Original topic:

Software may be corrupt

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
userjpKPmb5GS7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Watch4 Classic no longer works, won't connect to S22 Ultra.  Tried factory reset, get a message on watch software may be corrupt, and never gets past the agree to all step.

5 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
Did you recently update to 6.1?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
If it's still under warranty, or you have device insurance on it from your carrier, I'd return return to the store where you purchased it from and see what they can do.
But, I think if you purchased it online you may have to go to the site and return it and exchange it for a replacement.
Master resetting it won't fix the issue.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sorry to say but if they watch is saying the software is corrupted you would need to take it to a service center to have it wiped and the software reinstalled
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
nandla55
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

If your device is still under warranty or covered by insurance from your carrier I would suggest taking it back to the store where you bought it to see what assistance they can offer. However if you bought it online, you might need to initiate a return or exchange through the retailers website. Also, check if your warranty or insurance plan includes options for mail-in repairs, which can be more convenient.

0 Likes
userjpKPmb5GS7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I pre-ordered it direct from Samsung as an add-on special with the S22 Ultra.  It worked fine  for almost 2 years and then when phone updated in Jan 2024 it stopped working.  I put it aside thinking eventually there'd be an update fix but it seems worse now.

0 Likes