JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Switch from watch4 to watch6 ?

(Topic created: 02-07-2024 09:19 AM)
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just ordered the galaxy watch6 coming from the watch4. Is there a way to transfer things from watch to watch or is it just as simple as logging into the new watch and my things are there? Havnt done this before and ide like to keep my watch tiles and data and what not. Any info will help. Appreciate you all 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

On your Watch 4 back it up and then when you are setting up your new Watch 6 you should get the option to restore your watch during the setup process select the watch 4 and it should restore your watch to match your old watch 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy Watch

On your Watch 4 back it up and then when you are setting up your new Watch 6 you should get the option to restore your watch during the setup process select the watch 4 and it should restore your watch to match your old watch 

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Awesome, I actually just backed up my watch 4 in the wearable app. So now when I get the watch 6 I should get prompted to restore from the old watch? Just making sure
Sec1Dave
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yea, you should get the option to restore from a backup on your new watch. Sorry for the late reply. I was away from my desk and didn't get a notification on my phone

0 Likes
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
No worries at all my friend. I'm just happy to know it's pretty simple to change over to a new watch nut not lose my stuff.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy Watch
You're welcome, and Thanks for being a Loyal Samsung Customer. Once you get it set up, can you please mark the post as solved? It's in the 3 dots of the comment it helps a lot, and once again, thanks for being a Loyal Customer

0 Likes
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've been a Samsung user since the s5. Just seems to work best for me versus everything else. I'll try and mark it solved for sure, I hit the 3 buttons but didn't see anything that says solved? You'll have to fill me in on how to do it.
0 Likes
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Scratch that, found out how. I'll mark it solved for sure when I get it switched over.
0 Likes