Original topic:

Watch 5 Pro - Camera Controller App

(Topic created: 09-22-2022 12:33 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hey everyone,

I got my Watch 5 Pro and everything seems to be working really good so far. The only issue I'm having is that the Camera Controller isn't working properly. When I start it, it does start the Camera app on my Z Fold 4 like it's supposed to however, it never moves past the Loading Preview screen so I can actually see what's in the view finder and have access to the Camera controls on the Watch display. Is anyone else out there having this issue?

Thanks!
userD7sd4jj0DE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Try an app called "Camera One."  Worked great on my old GW3 and works great with my new GW5Pro, both paired with a Galaxy S9+.  Pay the $0.99 or whatever it is for the pro version, it's worth it.

0 Likes
itstormemtaz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the Galaxy s22+ and the Galaxy Watch 5 and it does not even load the camera from my phone. It just shows exactly that picture you attached
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Go under settings/app/galaxy watch5 manager, under permissions, put camera on allowScreenshot_20220930_095000_Permission controller.jpg
ale_vh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

got a samsung galaxy 22 ultra 5g and a samsung watch 5 pro and this app, according to the watch and the phone, is not compatible

0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@ale_vh "got a samsung galaxy 22 ultra 5g and a samsung watch 5 pro and this app, according to the watch and the phone, is not compatible"

If you are looking to download an app you are looking in the wrong place. Try this:

1. On your GW 5 Pro, swipe up to see apps.
  2. Scroll until you find the red icon with a picture of a camera. This is the camera controller being discussed. 
0 Likes
steveo57
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I solved it by turning off the vpn nord.  The only other issue is to change between image and videos you have to switch it back and forth on the phone.  

itstormemtaz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Is anyone having issues with the camera controller app on the new Galaxy Watch 5? Since I have been using this device the app has not worked it just says "Loading preview..."
userD7sd4jj0DE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

A better option is to install an app called "Camera One" from Google Play Store.  I suggest paying the $1.50 (or whatever it is now) for the pro version.  It works pretty reliably and has more options than the stock camera controller app.

For reference, I have a GW5Pro watch and a Galaxy S9+ phone.

0 Likes
CuzIamIndian
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, same issue, done factory reset and everything I could find online, including downloading wear os. No help .. thought it might have been due to my beta Android software but doubt it.. gw5pro s22 ultra
0 Likes
steveo57
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
My nord was blocking the controller app. Turned out off and it works. Figured out you have to set either video or image on phone Samsung camera app to get either or.
0 Likes