JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Calendar please add notes option

(Topic created: 03-15-2024 04:18 PM)
amrrit
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
No where to add notes unless calendar events are synced from an email calendar. Only option is to make a super long title (not helpful). 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Hello amrrit, To edit the event and add notes to the event,  follow these steps:

Open the event in the calendar

Select the pencil icon to edit the event

Select My Calendars and choose which calendar you want to save the event to. (Samsung, Google, etc)

Once you select the location to save the event, you should see the option to add notes. The calendar will not provide the Notes option if you are saving to the phone itself, you will need to select an account.

View solution in context

9 Replies
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
You can add notes to calendar events. Just create your event and scroll down til you see the notes section. Both Samsung calendar and Google calendar have this option. In Google calendar, the option is "add description". In Samsung, its "notes".
0 Likes
amrrit
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
After an event is created there is no option to add a note
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Yes ther is, both when creating it and going back and efitidng it you have to go all the way into edit after the event was created and saved.1710553523446.jpg1710553523495.jpg
0 Likes
amrrit
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I do not see that after an event is created look at this 1710559072613.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Is that Samsung Calendar? I don't know what to tell you, obviously mine looks different. My calenar version is 12.5.02.1.

I personally use Google Calendar as personal prefernce (I think it has more features). Maybe switch? The calendars will sync, so everything will still be there if you switch. You can also go feely back and forth them if you want.
0 Likes
amrrit
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Still doesn't resolve that Samsung calendar needs to allow users to add notes after an event is created
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I think Samsung is moving away from providing/maintaining their own apps in favor of Google, so don't hold your breath.

I can't, for the life of me understand why people eould insist on using an app that does not meet their needs when one exists that does ehat they want it to do. It's not like Google calendar costs any money, and it comes installed on the phone. And thay option does exist in Samsung calendar already. I don't knoe why its not showing for you.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Hello amrrit, To edit the event and add notes to the event,  follow these steps:

Open the event in the calendar

Select the pencil icon to edit the event

Select My Calendars and choose which calendar you want to save the event to. (Samsung, Google, etc)

Once you select the location to save the event, you should see the option to add notes. The calendar will not provide the Notes option if you are saving to the phone itself, you will need to select an account.

amrrit
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Thank you this worked but I think it should have the notes option by default available as when adding an event you are usually using copy paste and need to enter information at that time vs going back to select a calendar then add/edit a note. It's just one less step. Thank you!
0 Likes