Original topic:

Multicolor vertical and horizontal lines

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
TayTay2
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

image.jpg

Can't seem to find an exact answer anywhere. Assumed damage to bottom left corner (dense ball of colors). TV is pretty much done for?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello there, and thank you for reaching out to our community. I definitely understand your concern regarding the lines on the screen. First you will need to confirm via picture test if the lines on the screen is permanent by disconnecting all cables from the TV itself and following the steps below (depending on TV menu options available):

1) Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test 

2) Menu > Settings > All Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test

or 

3) Settings > All Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test

Service will be required if the lines are visible on screen at the end of the picture test, screen damage verified and/or the picture test option is unavailable and you can set that up by using this link- https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

The Community is a place for Members to come together for assistance in troubleshooting with specific device questions amongst themselves however, you can always contact a community moderator via private message by selecting any moderator and clicking on the chat option with your full model and serial number for further assistance if needed. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I would believe this is also caused by screen damage and would need to be repaired too fix the issue

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello there, and thank you for reaching out to our community. I definitely understand your concern regarding the lines on the screen. First you will need to confirm via picture test if the lines on the screen is permanent by disconnecting all cables from the TV itself and following the steps below (depending on TV menu options available):

1) Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test 

2) Menu > Settings > All Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test

or 

3) Settings > All Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test

Service will be required if the lines are visible on screen at the end of the picture test, screen damage verified and/or the picture test option is unavailable and you can set that up by using this link- https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

The Community is a place for Members to come together for assistance in troubleshooting with specific device questions amongst themselves however, you can always contact a community moderator via private message by selecting any moderator and clicking on the chat option with your full model and serial number for further assistance if needed.