Original topic:

Playstation 5 connection issue

(Topic created: a month ago)
StephenAdams
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi,

I have recently bought a new Samsung CU7100 55 and I'm having issues with it keeping a connection to my PlayStation 5. 

I have a single HDMI cable that is in the first port, when I connect it to the playstation the TV shows the PS home screen for a second or two then starts rescanning. Eventually it reconnects and then disconnects after a few seconds. The TV will eventually tell me that the connected device (the playstation) is off, which it's not. 

I tried using a different port on the TV, but that time TV could not connect to the playstation and when I plugged the cable back into my Virgin Media box (I have one cable that I use to switch between the PS and the Virgin Media box) it could not find the Virgin Media box, so I had to plug the cable back into the original HDMI port.

Is there a way I can solve this? Besides this issue, the TV is really nice.

Thanks

Stephen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi Stephen and welcome to the community! @z5lar hit the nail on the head with their suggestion.  You mentioned switching the HDMI cables inbetween your devices and more than likely, this is where your trouble lies.  From personal experience, I had something similar happen when I set up my PS5 and I ended up needing to use the HDMI cable that came with the PS5 since that could handle the speeds that my older HDMI cable couldn't.

Please let us know if you get this resolved and if not, don't hesitate to reach back out to us here for additional assistance!

View solution in context

3 Replies
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Try clearing the cache on your ps5 and changing to 1080p to see if you can establish some type of connection
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi Stephen and welcome to the community! @z5lar hit the nail on the head with their suggestion.  You mentioned switching the HDMI cables inbetween your devices and more than likely, this is where your trouble lies.  From personal experience, I had something similar happen when I set up my PS5 and I ended up needing to use the HDMI cable that came with the PS5 since that could handle the speeds that my older HDMI cable couldn't.

Please let us know if you get this resolved and if not, don't hesitate to reach back out to us here for additional assistance!

StephenAdams
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi all,

I did manage to fix the issue. As you guys mentioned I needed to have two HDMI cables, one to the Virgin Media box and one to the Playstation. I also found there is a refresh rate that I needed to change in the settings to -2, this stopped the flickering of the screen. 
So it works fine now, thanks for the help.

Stephen

0 Likes