Original topic:

HW-Q990D Chromecast and Alexa problems

(Topic created: a month ago)
Members_gJychX7
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

Just received and setup my sound bar. Everything works great with q symphony and the connection to my Samsung TV. Also I have configured the smart things hub for the soundbar as well. Only problems that I'm having are:

1) When I try to setup Alexa as the voice assistant, when I click sign-in, nothing happens, and it doesn't work. Alexa responds on the TV but not on the soundbar. Main thing, it won't let me sign in. I'm using the smartthings app to do this.

2) It said there's built in Chromecast after I initially set it up, it shows up in the Google home app via link with smartthings account and also on it's own, but when I go to Pandora, it's not on my list of Chromecast targets... additionally I can't add it to my speaker group in Google home.

I've tried removing the soundbar from smartthings and readding it but that didn't fix it.

Any ideas?

Update: I factory reset the soundbar and now issue number 2 is resolved. Chromecast works now and I added to my speaker group in Google home. Alexa still will not sign in though so item 1 is still a problem.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That's great that you have issue 2 resolved. For issue 1 please use the following link to help: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078932/. Please note that some functions may or may not work as the soundbar will not be able to be just like an Amazon Echo or similar products. Please let me know if this helped!

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That's great that you have issue 2 resolved. For issue 1 please use the following link to help: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078932/. Please note that some functions may or may not work as the soundbar will not be able to be just like an Amazon Echo or similar products. Please let me know if this helped!

0 Likes