Original topic:

Q990D Soundbar Feature Request

(Topic created: 02-03-2024 10:04 PM)
Deathnon0214
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hello, with the release of the new sound bar Q990D, I expected changes other than HDMI 2.1. I see there are still no drastic improvements beyond the 2021 Q950A model. We need DTS:X PRO for 11.1.4 channels, Nakamichi figured it out with their new soundbar, regular DTS:X is optimized for 7.1.4 channels, so regular DTS:X is not suitable. I expected something different from you this year, and I'm disappointed like everyone else. Do something, add IMAX, maybe DTS Neural:X, or upgrade the height speakers for better Dolby Atmos. I'm really disappointed with no desire to buy your soundbar, and I'm not the only one, take that into consideration. 

Edit: Q990D is out, it seems Samsung after all don't read our comments and don't really care, very disappointing, if you have Q950A, Q990B or Q990C you don't need to buy Q990D, and even if you don't have any of their premium 11.1.4 soundbar, buy the Q990C for almost half of the price, It is not worth to buy Q990D.

Maybe I'm wrong, only time will tell, but for now, it seems that the Q990D is just the same as thier previous models, they even raised the price so maybe it's not worth the money.

15 Replies
user5EpZHAMvoi
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
Dude, they added 4k 120hz passthrough. That's what we've been waiting for.
0 Likes
Deathnon0214
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I'm talking about sound quality, HDMI 2.1 doesn't matter to the sound quality. It's not that there is nothing to improve, and if Nakamichi understood the idea that it is possible to improve, and go beyond the "sound bar" concept and reach the level of  AV Receiver, it only shows that it is possible to improve. Release the exact same sound bar every year is disappointing.

Vanderkamp1912
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Hi, I agree there should be more of an upgrade.  Samsung releases a new model ever year and there is only so much you can update every year.  Samsung should have had hdmi 2.1 last year or the year before.  Sonys HT-A9 was released over 2 years ago now and itā€™s an amazing product.  The issue with improving the sound quality at this point there is not much more the sound quality will get, unless they increase the size of the speakers.  For the size the Q990c is absolutely amazing.  I have Kef towers, center, surrounds and height, with a 12ā€ ported sub.  In a lot of ways I like the q990c better, does it sound as good as a dedicated system, no, however itā€™s **bleep** close and incredibly easy to set up.  I also think the Atmos and on the Q990c is better.  Where the sound bars lack is in the mids, sound bars use the subwoofer to provide the mid levels and itā€™s ok, itā€™s just not as good as a proper full range speaker.  If you like your music and movies more warm sounding, then get a set up full range speakers and separates, but thatā€™s a lot of money and work.  Am totally happy listening to my Q990c and am doing so right now and love it.  

0 Likes
Samsung_Boy123
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I totally agree with you DTS X Pro would have been the best and Dolby atmos that comes with amplifiers 

Deathnon0214
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yeah, we need DTS:X PRO because like I said regular DTS:X is for 7.1.4, so it's not enough.

And about dolby atmos, I really think that there is so much to improve. They can improve the upfiring speakers or add more features to improve dolby atmos.

0 Likes
Vanderkamp1912
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

If you think there is ā€œso much to improveā€ then buy a different product.  Samsung should not release a product every year.  Itā€™s not necessary, especially for audio products.  This will also help Samsung to spend the proper time before they release an updated product.  Sonos and Bose donā€™t make changes every year nor should they!  

0 Likes
Deathnon0214
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

There is no change in terms of sound quality since 2021, so yes it is time for a change. 

0 Likes
Vanderkamp1912
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Yes I agree DTS pro should be available.  Wonder if they can use as an update, probably not.  

0 Likes
Clive_R
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

thers no release date yet?

0 Likes