JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sound varies greatly between programs and commercials.

(Topic created: 08-29-2023 07:55 AM)
Jim W
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Samsung QN55QN90B TV and HW-Q60C Soundbar don't seem to work together to produce quality sound.  When connected via E-Arc, (Streaming) the sound varies between program segments and commercials so much that hearing is difficult.  Commercials are always the loudest.  The TV has auto-volume but it does not work with the soundbar.  Is there a fix for this or did I just waste money on a soundbar? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
The reason you hear such a difference is the output sound quality changes between content. You might be watching one movie in atmos and the next in pcm. This is something that is really apparent on cable tv when commercials come on as some put out very low sound quality 😐. Make sure you use q symphony and adjust your eq settings on the bar to fit you needs for standard viewing and surround sound formats. In the tv go to sound settings make sure your tv is set to auto fomats and that atmos is set to auto. In tv settings make sure to turn on hdmi input plus on your earc hdmi. Now it's time to adjust the output settings of your external devices remember each device has its own sound settings. The settings of your cable box or Dish box or what is going to really make an apparent difference balancing out the sound output for non surround sound formats. I recommend playing with the output settings seeing what sounds better to your ears as an example I have Dish Network I have found turning Dobie digital sound off actually sounds better than it does on when it comes to day-to-day content and standard PCM. If you work all these areas out you should get much better results let me know how it goes

View solution in context

3 Replies
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
It does work with the sound bar unfortunately there isn't a fix on the device end it is really the commercials they make it so the volume is louder to get your attention so hopefully you might purchase something that's why a law was passed about commercials doing this even though it still happens
Options
Home Theater
Depending on model go to settings then sound scroll for smart sound or something similar. Normally there is an option that automatically adjusts sound for you.
0 Likes
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
The reason you hear such a difference is the output sound quality changes between content. You might be watching one movie in atmos and the next in pcm. This is something that is really apparent on cable tv when commercials come on as some put out very low sound quality 😐. Make sure you use q symphony and adjust your eq settings on the bar to fit you needs for standard viewing and surround sound formats. In the tv go to sound settings make sure your tv is set to auto fomats and that atmos is set to auto. In tv settings make sure to turn on hdmi input plus on your earc hdmi. Now it's time to adjust the output settings of your external devices remember each device has its own sound settings. The settings of your cable box or Dish box or what is going to really make an apparent difference balancing out the sound output for non surround sound formats. I recommend playing with the output settings seeing what sounds better to your ears as an example I have Dish Network I have found turning Dobie digital sound off actually sounds better than it does on when it comes to day-to-day content and standard PCM. If you work all these areas out you should get much better results let me know how it goes