Original topic:

Autofill pitcher and ice maker aren't working as expected

(Topic created: 08-03-2023 09:13 PM)
dlowsam
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I recently purchased RF30BB620012 and have noticed 2 issues:

1) The autofill pitcher doesn't seem to fill all the way. On average the pitcher will fill  1/4 to 1/2 of the way then stop. 

I have followed a number of the troubleshooting steps including Autofill water pitcher doesn't fill (samsung.com) and none seem to address the issue. 

Pitcher looks fine, no cracks or leaks. Checked the plug on the bottom and there is no water down there at all. 

2) The second issue I have noticed is the ice maker is very slow at making ice. The only post I have seen on the forums so far is to throw out the ice that is made early. I was wondering if there is any other recommendations for this?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, There. I can definitely understand the concerns regarding your pitcher not filling all the way and Ice Maker being slow. With it being both of these things occurring simultaneously, it could potentially be a low water pressure or water filter issue.

If the unit was just purchased, double-check with your installers that everything is set up properly, if you use an additional water filtration system, make sure that the proper hook ups are completed as if they are not set up properly with one another both of the symptoms you mentioned could be occurring for this very reason.

I would also recommend checking out the following troubleshooting link: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001012/#ice-maker-is-making-some-ice-but-not-...

If everything is good there, and after checking installation and this troubleshooting the symptoms continue, you may need to have the unit evaluated by an authorized service center to take a look at what the issue is. Please feel free to Private message a moderator directly to get that set up, alternatively, you can reach out to us on Facebook, Twitter, or you can scroll down to the bottom of the Samsung.com page under support and select our “Chat with us” option. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, There. I can definitely understand the concerns regarding your pitcher not filling all the way and Ice Maker being slow. With it being both of these things occurring simultaneously, it could potentially be a low water pressure or water filter issue.

If the unit was just purchased, double-check with your installers that everything is set up properly, if you use an additional water filtration system, make sure that the proper hook ups are completed as if they are not set up properly with one another both of the symptoms you mentioned could be occurring for this very reason.

I would also recommend checking out the following troubleshooting link: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001012/#ice-maker-is-making-some-ice-but-not-...

If everything is good there, and after checking installation and this troubleshooting the symptoms continue, you may need to have the unit evaluated by an authorized service center to take a look at what the issue is. Please feel free to Private message a moderator directly to get that set up, alternatively, you can reach out to us on Facebook, Twitter, or you can scroll down to the bottom of the Samsung.com page under support and select our “Chat with us” option.