JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dishwasher Door does not close DW80R5061

(Topic created: 01-19-2024 04:24 PM)
tempid
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The door does not stay closed. So, I can't start the dishwasher.

Turned off the Auto Release but the problem persist.

No error codes

Model: DW80R5061 US

Thank you

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this will cause issues using your dishwasher. I would recommend trying the steps below. 

1. Check your AutoRelease setting.

AutoRelease is a feature on some newer models which automatically cracks the door open at the end of a cycle. For a couple minutes the rods it uses to do so will stay extended and prevent the door from closing again. If you try to close the door while the rods are still extended, you may damage your dishwasher.

Although this feature is turned on by default for the benefit of drying your dishes, the option to turn it off is available in the dishwasher's settings menu. Instructions specific to your model can be found in your user manual.

2. Make sure the dishes are loaded properly.

Make sure nothing is sticking out of the racks and that all your items are loaded correctly.

3. Push the racks all the way into the dishwasher.

Once the dishes are properly loaded, confirm there is nothing preventing the racks from going completely into the dishwasher.

4. Check the door's alignment.

If the door is not properly aligned, it may get stuck against the cabinet and not close correctly. This can happen if your dishwasher is not level, so make sure that you level your dishwasher.

5. Verify that the door latch is in the correct position when the door is open.

• An undamaged door latch mechanism should look like this picture when the door is open.Verify that the door latch is in the correct position when the door is open.
    • If the door latch mechanism looks like this picture when the door is open, visit the Support Center to request service.Verify that the door latch is in the correct position when the door is open.

If these do not help then this will require service.Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup

- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this will cause issues using your dishwasher. I would recommend trying the steps below. 

1. Check your AutoRelease setting.

AutoRelease is a feature on some newer models which automatically cracks the door open at the end of a cycle. For a couple minutes the rods it uses to do so will stay extended and prevent the door from closing again. If you try to close the door while the rods are still extended, you may damage your dishwasher.

Although this feature is turned on by default for the benefit of drying your dishes, the option to turn it off is available in the dishwasher's settings menu. Instructions specific to your model can be found in your user manual.

2. Make sure the dishes are loaded properly.

Make sure nothing is sticking out of the racks and that all your items are loaded correctly.

3. Push the racks all the way into the dishwasher.

Once the dishes are properly loaded, confirm there is nothing preventing the racks from going completely into the dishwasher.

4. Check the door's alignment.

If the door is not properly aligned, it may get stuck against the cabinet and not close correctly. This can happen if your dishwasher is not level, so make sure that you level your dishwasher.

5. Verify that the door latch is in the correct position when the door is open.

• An undamaged door latch mechanism should look like this picture when the door is open.Verify that the door latch is in the correct position when the door is open.
    • If the door latch mechanism looks like this picture when the door is open, visit the Support Center to request service.Verify that the door latch is in the correct position when the door is open.

If these do not help then this will require service.Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup

- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/