JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Easy Connection Attempts to Reconnect and Fails

(Topic created: 10-05-2023 11:35 AM)
Members_YhFSJZs
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Reposting again as this was not resolved.

My samsung refrigerator loses easy connection and then tries to reconnect, it tries and then fails, I manually reconnect to smart things but this tends to last less than a day and then it starts all over again. It still does this.

in addition, the refrigerator logs me off my samsung account.

Refrigerator model number is RF22R7551SR. I tried a restart and this did not change anything. 

Recognized something new yesterday, before refrigerator tried easy connection I saw a pop up showing wi-fi now connected as if wi-fi was lost for some reason. Now wondering if this is a hardware problem as wifi signal is strong and diagnostics have not shown any problems.

Any ideas.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Members_YhFSJZs
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks to another member, I believe there is a solution. Below is copied note that was sent. 

My LG tv was causing some sort of interference with the wifi on the fridge. I know that because when I would change an app on the tv, that’s when the “easy connection” prompt comes up before it would ultimately fail.

My solution was to create a guest wifi network and connect my fridge to that instead. Haven’t had the issue again since.

I also place my refrigerator on guest wi-fi and so far so good.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
ChuckL
Halo
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Have you restarted your router lately?
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
How old is the router?
0 Likes
Solution
Members_YhFSJZs
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks to another member, I believe there is a solution. Below is copied note that was sent. 

My LG tv was causing some sort of interference with the wifi on the fridge. I know that because when I would change an app on the tv, that’s when the “easy connection” prompt comes up before it would ultimately fail.

My solution was to create a guest wifi network and connect my fridge to that instead. Haven’t had the issue again since.

I also place my refrigerator on guest wi-fi and so far so good.

0 Likes